A3 Jetta Power Window Problems

Hope fully someone can help me out with this one.  I own an '99 A3 Jetta
Wolfsburg.  I know that the window regulators are a problem because I have
replaced 3 of them.  Both of the front windows and one of the rear.  The
last one I replaced was the front right.  I'm not sure if the window
regulator was the initial problem.  The window was stuck in the up
position.  I would push the button for the window to go down and I could
hear the motor click.  I had heard this noise before when the regulators
would go out so I thought it must be the regulator.  Well after replacing
the regulator the window went up and down just fine before completely
putting the door back together.  I but the door back together and the
window was stuck in the up position again.  Same clicking noise.  I decided
to leave it for the night.  Came back the next morning and tried it and it
worked just fine.  So I jumped in the car to go to work and decided to try
it again.  Went down great.  On the way up it stopped about 5 inches from
the top.  Took the door back apart.  Removed the motor and got the window
all the way up with the use of a prop (propped the window up inside the
shell).  Seem kinda stiff at the top while pushing it there.  Don't see
anything blocking the path.  I'm thinking motor.  Any other suggestions.  I
don't really want to shell out the cash for a $240+ motor if I don't need
it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

mikeh74@flash.net
Mike's VW Museum