From: jeff [mailto:jjm@attbi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 11:31 AM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: spark plug question

I'm new to the list and I spent the last hour or so searching the archives
for
spark plug info.  I'm at 60k and am doing my first spark plug change.  I
bought
Bosch because that's what I've always used for my other VW's (all air
cooled).
But the consensus on this list seems to favor the OEM NGK dual electrodes.
Opinions were split on the Bosch Platinum 4's - some loved them, others
hated
them.  I ended up with a set of Bosch Platinum 2's.  Has anyone had any
experience
with these?  They are cheaper than the NGK's (I paid $3.50 each) but if they
are
not good, I'll return them (I haven't installed them yet).  Which leads to
my next
question...

Where can I get a spark plug removal tool for a '98 GLX?  I guess I was
supposed
to get one with the car, attached to the hood support rod, but I didn't.
I'd
prefer not to go to the dealer, as I'm sure I'll get ripped off, but are
there any
other places that carry this tool?

Also, does this tool function as both a wire remover and a plug remover?
Any plug
changing advice is appreciated.

thanks,
jeff