From: "60mile.net" <chris@60mile.net>
To: <jettaglx@igtc.com>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 1:00 PM
Subject: Re: The VW Jetta GLX Mailing List Digest V6 #5

I used to have a
>>really nice, easy feel of increasing pressure pretty uniformly down to
>>maybe 3/4 of the way to the
>>floor, at which point you just can't push it any further and the car has
>>thrown you into the
>>steering wheel :-)

Nathan,
Is it possible that during the bearing change the pads were pushed apart
sending old break fluid up into the hydraulic system? I've heard that old
break fluid becomes thicker and could cause failure of the ABS if it ever
found it's way into the ABS pump unit, but at the very least it could just
foul up the system. Just a thought.

Chris
99 GLX A3
Neuspeed Stage III Suspension Upgrade