adjusting the clutch??

Ok.. I have a little problem with my Jetta. The clutch releases too far back
on the pedal, so when I am shifting, it seems like the clutch is slipping
unless I have my foot totally off the pedal. I usually have my foot on it a
little bit when I start in 1st and onto 2nd gear. So is there a way to
adjust it so that it releases all of the way further down on the pedal? I
know how I did it on my '87 GTI, but aren't these hydraulic clutches? Or am
I wrong? BTW... It's a '95 VR6. Thanks.

Chadwick