A couple of questions...(Kinda' LONG)

Hey, I thought maybe one of you could help me out with
these questions:

1st: My cruise control has been only sporadically
working lately.  I took it to my mechanic, who first
said that he'd need to order a part to fix it (a
pump?)  Then, he called back later and told me he'd
found a vaccuum leak that he was going to glue.  He
said that usually works, and that it might save me the
price of the new part.  I picked up the car and it
seemed to be working fine at first, but then the
intermittent problem came back.  Any  advice?  BTW,
the mechanic didn't charge me anything for gluing
it...

2nd: I was in a pretty bad car accident a couple of
months ago; I was turning left (on a green arrow) and
some honda driving moron plowed through his red light
and hit my front driver-side fender.  The car took
forever to be repaired, they said they had problems
with getting parts.

Anyway, They replaced ONE front strut, but not the
other.  Is that ok to do? (mileage 68,000) Also, I now
hear a loud clunk occassionally from the front left
wheel of the car.  I don't know what it is, but I'm
sure it is related to the accident/repair because I've
never heard it before.  I usually hear it most often
when I'm backing out of my driveway.  Any advice?  I'm
going to take it backt to the shop that did  the
repair.

Finally, is there anything else I should look for to
ensure they did a quality repair on my car?

Sorry for the long post,
ROB
'97 GLX
(no suspension mods)