Shifter Problems

I too had a problem getting my GLX into first.  For a while, I just slid it
into second, then went into first.  But soon after I just couldn't shift it
anymore.  I finally brought it to the dealer after I was able to put the car
in Reverse, and drive FORWARD with it.  That freaked me out.  In short, it
was a 20 dollar plastic piece that got replaced.  I think it's located on
the transmission in the engine bay.  It has nothing to do with the linkage
off the shift nob.  I don't have the part number on me, but I can look it up
if someone wants it.  Shifts like it did when it was new, which is nothing
to really brag about...

BEN