Re: Can't win on Tire Care

Don't need to tell me about idiot tire shops and the wheel locks.
About a year ago I went to have my tires rotated...just rotated...and
the damn idiots ruined a lock bolt and couldn't get the wheel off the
car.  It seems that the bolt was stuck, so instead of trying some type
of chemical releasing agent or simply telling me they couldn't get the
bolt out, they just cranked the air gun up.  I seem to remember the
tech saying something like "it was stuck on there good...so we gave it
600lbs with the air gun and it just let loose".  What let loose was the
pattern on the head of the bolt and the key.  Long story short...I took
it to a dealer who proceeded to cut the wheel off the car!  Couple
hundred $ for labor and a few hundred $ for a new wheel...that was an
expensive tire rotation.  I finally got the tire shop to pay for it
all.  I also had the  locking bolts replaced with standard bolts...in
hopes of makeing my car more idiot-proof.

Cheers-

Joel