check eng. light is on

Hey guys.  So I brought my car into the car-wash before coming to work.  As
the idiot starts pulling my car out of the wash I hear my engine being
high-revved.  this stupid bastard thinks he's in some type of race.  I see my
car coming around the corner at a high speed.  and all of the other workers
laughing (like it's some joke!)as they dry my ride.  I am telling you that if
I were not behind schedule, I would have took the smile off of each of their
faces!  So I get in the car and I'm pissed! As I'm driving toward the highway
I look down and notice that my CHECK ENGINE light is on.  Now I am really
pissed!!  Now things are going through my head trying to figure out what could
be the problem.  I remembered that I have a bad coil pack that I need to
replace.  would this cause the engine light to come on?  it goes without
saying that I will never bring my car back there.  anyway I usually hand-wash
my car myself.
later
Frank