high speeds w/ Taurus SHO

This is a race story, so if you don't want to hear about it, or have any
comments about street racing and how dangerous it is and pretend you are my
mom, please delete now. I know the dangers, and there was no traffic to be
passed as the race was on.

Well, last night I went up to Longmont to check out a Corrado G60 that was
for sale. I left there at about 7:00 pm and started to make the trek back
down to civilization (Denver, Colorado). I jump onto I-25 from hwy. 119 and
get up to 80 mph. Then later on down the road (when the road isn't all
grooved), an older (the boxy style) Taurus SHO passes me. I think nothing of
it as I'm just cruising at my own pace. An extra lane opens up to the left
and everyone slows down to 75 mph, so I jump into that open lane and proceed
to jump up to 85 mph (speed limit it 75). The SHO follows and I get into the
middle lane to let him pass. He lines up with me and takes off. I think
about it for a little while...... yes, no, yes, no, HELL YES!!! I down shift
to 4th and catch up. We line up, I'm in 4th gear going about 90 mph. He
starts it and gets a jump on my, but I slowly start to catch up to him, top
of 4th and I need to change gears. Hit 5th and I screw up, I guess I was too
worried about throwing it into 3rd gear instead. Chalk one up for the SHO on
account of me being a dumbass. We slow down to a normal pace (85) as we pass
a couple cars and line it up again. This time he's on the right and we slow
down to about 65 mph, 3rd gear, my best gear. He honks 3 times and we're off
again. I'm pulling on him in this gear, hit 4th gear and I'm still walking
him. Well, that was the last of the races. One win for each of us. It was
pretty fun since I haven't done that in a while. And my back window still
won't go up, so I wasn't as "aerodynamic" as I could have been. We pull off
at 104th Ave. and talk a bit. The first thing he said to me was, "Damn! What
engine does that thing have?!!" "It's a VR6." "Damn! That thing's got some
balls!" Then we talked about the race and how I messed up 5th gear and blah,
blah, blah. I went and got gas and he pulled a U-turn and jumped back on
I-25. The end.

BTW, anyone know what kind of power the old SHO puts out? Hehe.... I said
puts out.

Chadwick
95 Vento VR6
"I'm lost in the Vortex and ain't comin' back"- Insolence