From: Norberto Luis [mailto:vwnobby@norbertoluis.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 10:24 AM
To: GLX mailing list
Subject: Foul Odor from Exhaust

For a while now, I have noticed a foul odor coming from my exhaust that
smells almost like rotten eggs. Has anyone ever had this problem? I was told
that maybe it was mt catalytic converter gone bad. But I recently passed
emissions inspection with no problem (which is weird considereing how tough
NJ DMV inspection is. Most of the tim eI notice it in the morning, but it
doesn't happen all the time, only most of the time. Again, if anyone has had
this problem, or even heard of anything like this, please let me know what I
need to do. I figured that if I can pin point it I can take it to the dealer
and have them fix it since I have the extended warranty. Thanks in advance.

Norberto
97 Jetta GLX - Black

P.S.- I had a TT Stainless Steel Cat-back exhaust installed about 3 years
ago, if that matters.

vwnobby@norbertoluis.com

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
             http://www.doteasy.com