Re: Window problems

Had similar problems on my 98 GLX.  I found a broken wire in the wiring
harness.  Open the door, unscrew the connection, and examine all the wires.
I spliced mine back together with a connector from radio shack.  You will
need to disconnect the battery to reset the system.  You may also need to go
through an procedure of connecting and actuating the window switches in
order to get them all working.  I believe this procedure is available on the
VW service web site.

I believe VW designed the wiring harnesses with too little slack.  When you
open the doors, stress can be placed on wires and they can break.  It will
cost you several hundred dollars to have the dealer replace the wiring
harness.

John Kiekhaefer  98GLX Red