cooling problem?

Ok, here's the deal. I was driving home yesterday, in bad traffic and I felt
the fan running. The temp gauge was straight up where it should be, but the
fan was on. A little after that, the fan was still running, my oil temps
were at 240, and the engine temp went up one notch. The oil temp never went
below 240, even when I got an open stretch. And the water temp kept bouncing
back and forth from straight up, to the mark next to it. Then this morning,
it was foggy and not warm by any means, and the fan was running all the way
to work, oil temps were back at 240. Any ideas on it? I'm running with Mobil
1 10W30 Tri-synthetic. Thanks.

Chadwick
95 Vento VR6