From: "Rob Meikle" <rtmeikle@yahoo.com>
To: <jettaglx@igtc.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2001 5:46 PM
Subject: RE: brake rotors warping

Listers:

Help me please then!  Paul, thanks for the heads up.
I was about to buy new rotors, but now before I do, I
would like to get more advice from the list.

The shop that turned my rotors when they installed my
mintex pads told me that the super hard mintex pads
are what caused the rotors to warp.  They will turn
them again for me, but they told me that they will
probably warp again.

Is there a certain type of rotor that is less likely
to warp?  Is the shop telling me the truth?  What else
could cause rotors to warp so soon after being turned?
 Has anyone on the list used mintex pads and had their
old rotors machined instead of replaced?

TIA,

ROB
'97 GLX
Mintex pads, warped rotors