Hood Lifts

Did the hood lifts this weekend.  Very easy job.  50 of the best bucks I
spent.  Big thanks to the archives and Mike, John and Erik for the
instructions.  The only thing I did differently (at least not mentioned in
the write up) was cut a slot in the foam rubber spacer attached to the hood.
I put a lift on both sides.  One lift held the hood open but I felt a stiff
wind would have caused a concussion in my future.

*Actual* construction time was about 20 minutes total.  Of course it took me
two trips to Pep Boys and Home Depot after one of the stupid ball point
bolts sheered off while tightening!  I took it back to PB and they were
"gracious" enough to give me a replacement.  I said bad steel, they said
over-tightening.  Shearing off a 5/16 bolt with a short crescent wrench by
hand?  Seems unlikely.  So after picking up a bolt extractor at Home Depot,
I drilled out the remnants of the bolt (without the extractor as it turned
out).  So total time on the project was about 2 hours, if nothing went wrong
it would have been about 20 minutes!

Marc
97'  GLX - Red/Black