Re: Damage to 98 GLX from Lifting

At 6:50 PM -0500 6/14/01, John Kiekhaefer wrote:
>I had my car into Sears today to balance the wheels.  When I picked it
>up, they
>mentioned they had caused undercarriage damage when the vehicle was
>lifted.
>The damage was to the pitch frame about 12" behind the left front
>wheel.  Evidently they placed the lift in the wrong place.  The bend is
>about 1/4".  It is not visible from above. In the area of the bend,
>there is now a larger gap between the pitch frame and the  black
>decorative molding.
>
>Is there any potential fuctional damage from such a problem?  Is the
>integrity of the vehicle compromised by this?  Is this worth fixing and
>pursueing damages?

Take it to a auto body shop and get their opinion (of course, they
want your business, so beware) but they will at least give you an
estimate. If the estimate is sizeable, then I'm sure either your
insurance or Sears' will pay for it (assuming one or both of you have
it ;-)

I don't know about whether it's worth fixing or not. I tend to want
to fix things just so they're perfect, but then that's just me.

--
-Khan