Dub & Grub One / the LI/NYC BBQ....

OK, the day is getting closer and we are in full swing! We have a number of other clubs caravaning to the BBQ, and a ton of individuals. Here are some basic directions, and a link to a head count page...we want to make sure no one goes hungry! If you are coming, please stop in and let us know, and with how many people. Also, although we are planning on having food and drinks (no alcohol allowed in the park, sorry...), we couold always use more. If you are coming with a large group, please feel free to bring some cans of soda, bottled water, desserts etc. We will take care of ice and meat to BBQ since we have people who live close by.This event looks to be huge. I know many of you are on various other maling lists, and I would appreciate if you could copy and past this to them in order to get the word out. If there are any questions, please feel free to e-mail me directly....

Sean

Head Count Page...
http://forums.vwvortex.com/vwbb/Forum31/HTML/002902.html

DIRECTIONS:

from points east...
i would recomend taking the northern state to the GCP to the interboro (jackie robinson).. exit 4.. forest park... get off go left then make next avilable left ... basically follow signs to bandshell... pull into parking lot on left after the bandshell... (beware of speed bumps)

from points west...
well anyone coming from brooklyn should know the interboro, just get off at 4 go right then left.. follow signs to bandshell NOW for the rst of you, it would probaly be easier to get off exit 19 (woodhaven blvd) on the lie.. make a right and follow woodhaven for about 1.5 miles.. after bridge look out for myrtle ave, just after myrtle make the right after the next traffic light on to forest drive.. follow this about 1000 feet and make right into parking lot before bandshell

from points North...
From the Tappan Zee take the Cross Westchester (I think Rte 287...) east to the New England Thruway South (I-95) to the Throgs Neck Bridge. At the end of the Throgs Neck, look for the Clearview Expressway South. Do not confuse this with the Cross Island which also exits at the end of the bridge. Take the Clearview south , you will pass over the LIE / 495, and continue to the Grand Central/Interboroguh Parkway interchange. You are looking to get on the Interborough Parkway west, not the Grand Central. Take it to Exit 4. At the end of the ramp, turn left, and take your first left in to Forest Park. Follow the signs to the Band Shell, and turn left into the parking lot after the band shell.