DRL's

Mark,
I have a 97 and the first thing I did was disable the DRL's.  Even though I
can't see them while driving, they annoy me to know that they're there.
It's extraordinarily simple.  There is a single connector behind the fuse
panel.  Disconnect it, that's it.  You don't need to worry about electrical
tape, or anything.  The A3's were not originally designed with DRL's, so
they were patched in after the original design.  Therefore, they're not
hard to get rid of.  I don't have the Bentley with me at work, so I can't
point you to the wires right now, but I can bring that in and send it along
later, if you'd like.  The relay idea is cool, if you want them to turn on,
or you can just put a switch in between the two wires I mentioned, and then
they're off all the time, or on all the time.  Whichever way you go, it's a
piece of cake.

Cab
97glx
72bug