Re: Steering wheel

In a message dated 02-Jul-01 10:36:09 Central Daylight Time,
Csimpson@zeltech.com writes:

<< Doesn't the Airbag light constantly stay on for those
 who have replaced their steering wheel?  I remember
 hearing somewhere that you have to live with the airbag
 light being on all of the time.

 I'm also curious if this will affect the passenger-side
 airbag system. >>

The airbag light does indeed stay on (unless you pull the bulb) but IIRC, it
has no effect on the passenger side bag. Unless you pull the plug on the
airbag control unit (beneath the console).

Cheers,

Dave
'88 Jetta coupe
'98 JettaGLX