Superbowl Gathering - A Big THANK YOU !!!

Hey all,
To put it simply, it was awesome. Thank you to all who came out and
supported a great cause. Over $650 was raised and donated to the Juvenile
Diabetes Research Foundation. A special thank you goes out to all
aftermarket companies who donated the items that were raffled upon....1552
Design, New Dimensions, AWE, Scalewagen.Com and Parts4VWs.Com. The day
started off cold and breezy, but started to warm up around 11:30. I arrived
at 9:40am and there already cars in the parking lot. By 10:40am there were
56 cars and by 12 noon we had topped out at 85 cars!! Definitely the largest
Superbowl crowd ever. A special thank you to Mark Pogers of the NY/CT Audi
Club for putting the word out and rounding up a bunch of beautiful S4's,
A4's and some very cool TT's to come out and join us....good job! Photos
were snapped all day and will be submitted to Performance VW & MAX Power
magazine. The same fundraising format will be used for next year's event
which we hope will produce even larger numbers. Unfortunately when applying
for the permit next year I will have to request a state park policeman to
babysit a select few individuals. After the event a bunch of us went to
Jillians in Farmingdale for lunch and to play some arcade games. People soon
after left for home to watch the Giants get stomped. All in all, a great day
for VW enthusiasts and a very special day for the recipients of the funds
raised for the JDRF.
Thank you again for your support,
-FlyinVR6 (chris)
AIM: SwiftVR6