From: Stefan Hudson [mailto:hudson@mbay.net]
Sent: 11 January, 2001 2:49 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Re: More on radio replacement...

Does it make sense that that I can get louder sound without distortion
with the lower powered factory head, tho?  I'd assume that I would just
get louder sound at lower volume settings, and I just couldn't go to full
scale volume without blowing something.

Could it be an impededance or level matching issue with the amplifier
inputs?  Do they make matching transformers for car sterio applications?
What is the impedance on the factory speakers?  If I bypassed the amp, could
I drive the factory speakers directly from the head unit?  I'm reasonably
happy with the factory speakers, they sound fine with the factory head.