Re: Rear Fog Lights

Might I suggest a different approach than the typical switched foglamp
setup? It's cheap, easy, and looks killer:

1) Drill out the backing plate on the existing foglamp lens housing (a
one-inch spade bit will take off the flat casting section perfectly).

2) Tap into the license plate lamp harness on each side, and run a wire
from this tap to the third (un-used) connector tab on the backup lamp/
foglamp assembly.

3) Drop a 5W single-contact bayonet bulb (SAE #97, ECE R5W) into the
foglamp housing in the backup lamp assy.

4) Drink beer, observe the results. :-)

With this set-up, the new "secondary taillamp" lamps are on whenever
you have the running lamps on, and yet looks absolutely stock. Staying
with a .5A/5W lamp keeps the license plate lamp circuit happy, and
mirrors the stock (primary) tail lamp lumen output. Oh, and I almost
forgot - this mod cost me a princely seven dollars to complete. ;-)

Just a thot,

Richard Bernecker