Re: Shaking steering problem

Actually, the cause of your problem seems to be your brake rotors out of
lateral runout. The way your describing when you step on the brakes it shakes
the wheel. There is 1 thing you can do to isolate the problem further. Keep
in mind to do this you need to be careful. Drive up to speed and slowly
engage the emergency brake but not fully. See if the shake is still there. If
not only the front brake rotors need to be resurfaced. If still there both
the front and rears need to be resurfaced. Although I'm a certified
Lincoln/Mercury technician. I'm a diehard VW fanatic. But working at the
dealer I seen this concern. Sometimes the what we call rotor runout is so
much that it is felt just driving down the road. Hopefully this helps. Good
Luck

DRIVER FOUND EDITION

FRANK  O