Re: Neuspeed Performance Products? Not really.....

> I break the Neuspeed rear sway bar mounting brackets, on average, once a
> year. Well, I am getting tired of buying  brackets for my car.

Why are you buying replacement brackets?  I've broken at least 5 brackets
between the VR6 and the 16V, and all were replaced under warranty.  You just
need to have either the broken pieces, or be able to bring the car to a
Neuspeed dealer.

> When I talk to Neuspeed about the problem, I get a two fold answer:
>
> 1) We have never heard of anyone having this problem.
> 2)We suggest that you not run the bar on the stiffest setting.

Really?  How long ago were you told this, and specifically by whom?

> Has anyone else had a problem with the rear sway bar brackets breaking?

It's a fairly common problem, especially when running stiff suspension,
sticky tires, and driving very aggressively.

> I am open to suggestions, on both dealing with a contact at Neuspeed to
> rectify this problem; or a suggestion on a different type of rear
> bracket for the Neuspeed bar; or a different rear bar that is truly a
> "performance" part.

Neuspeed did re design the brackets some time ago (about 2-3 years, I
think).  I haven't broken any brackets in 2 or 3 years, so the problem may
be solved.  I'll try to remember to ask my contact at Neuspeed about the
specifics.  If you really want to go to another type of rear bar, Shine
Racing has one that seems to work well, and Suspension Techniques has a
monster 32mm rear bar that's pretty much for track use only.
If anyone breaks a bracket and would like a replacement under warranty, feel
free to contact me, and I'll take care of it.
In closing, I still feel that Neuspeed makes a very high quality product,
and will continue to use and sell their offerings.

Carry on,

--Holland
holland@newdimensions.com Tech Line 1-408 980-1691 ext. 114
http://www.NewDimensions.com/ Orders Only 1-800 637-2781 ext. 114