RE: BAD grinding sound.....HELP!

For those interested here's the scoop from the best I can surmise:

1)  The tensioner pulley for the s/c cracked in two (a ring separated),
leaving the 1/3 of the belt next to the engine unsupported as it went over
the pulley.

2)  This caused an eccentricity in the load on the belt, causing the belt to
be tight on the outside of the water pump pulley and loose (relatively) on
the inner side.

3)  As a result of the uneven load, the rubber (?) "tire" on the water pump
pulley actually shifted on the metal "hub".  The shifted "tire" was then
rubbing against the unibody (not much clearance if you have not seen it).

4)  So, I need a new water pump pulley ($25) and s/c belt.  I already have a
new s/c pulley that is machined aluminum instead of plastic.

5)  Unfortunately, I had to strip off the s/c and am now back to stock until
I get the s/c belt and the energy to reinstall everything  :-(

m-