Re: Polish

In a message dated 12/11/2001 8:59:02 PM Central Standard Time,
john@hypergeek.net writes:

> I know folks on this list have sworn by Zymol, but I was reading zbout
> Zaino stuff today...has anyone used this and do they like it?
>
> Oh, and super silly question (I usually let detailers do this stuff) but
> does my 97 GLX have a clearcoat? :-)

What color is it? Unless it's a metallic paint, no clearcoat.

Never heard of Zaino (sounds like a plumbing product). I use Meguiars stuff,
in the tan bottles. Does an excellent job, and don't cost near what Zymol
does. I *have* used the low-budget Zymol (blue stuff in a bottle) on an older
car that needed a cleaner-wax and it works really well too. In fact, I intend
to use it again on my winter-beater '88 Jetta (NOT the coupe) because it
really badly needs a going over...

Dave
11 Sep 01
Always remember