A couple of odd noises....

I took a little drive up to the top of the world yesterday (up to the Great Divide, 12,095 feet), an
absolutely gorgeous ride and a really nice, winding road :-) and I noticed a couple of weird noises
on the way back down. First things first, my car is a 96 GLX ODBII system with a GIAC chip and a
slightly modified airbox, no other real engine mods. I run 1mm larger than stock plug wires and use
Beru 4-prong plugs. Oil is 15W50 Full Synth Mobil1 with 12oz. Militec-1 in the mix. Injectors are
cleaned on average once a month with BG44K.

On to the noises. The first noise is a clicking that is most noticeable at around 2000rpms. Its
about 10 clicks per second, and whenever I was driving by a nice massive rock wall (lots on
Independence Pass :-) in second gear I could hear it clicking away. It is entirely engine-speed
based; at 1000rpms its quieter and slower, after 2500rpms the engine noise itself drowns it out, so
I don't know if it's still there or just quiet. Any ideas on what this is and what's causing it? Is
this what is considered a knock? I know the elevation wasn't helping...

The second noise is a thumping back in my trunk. All I keep back there is a little ice scraper, and
I don't think that's what's making the noise, 'cause it only happens maybe once a day. Just
randomly, thump. Not going over bumps, had the radio off the whole 2 hours of driving, only happened
the one time. Really odd. Any ideas there?

Thanks!!!

# Nathan
1996 GLX