battery suggestions

i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on replacing the battery in a
97 glx.  my original battery finally gave out on me.  the guys at ND told me
at my last service interval that the battery might be on its way out (usually
happens when they find the battery dried out...opps).  sure enough 2 months
later it died.  I was wondering what brands have people used and if you kept
the battery cover or just did away with that when you replaced it?  cover fit
problems?

Some quick replys would be very helpful because i have to get this baby back
on the road.

thanks in advance

marc