Re: VW vs. BMW....

Remember, there are a lot of ways to compare cars, and in this case it includes price.  The BMW will be much more of a drivers car on a track, as any rear wheel drive car will be. Front drivers are a different beast and not as easy to turn fast laps in. Be careful not to let your thoughts drift too far into comparing aspects that will leave you in an apples/oranges discussion. I love BMW's, but for the price, the MK4 platform is very attractive....also considering that the 24v VR6 and 6 speed trans in the GTI are on their way to our shores......

On a different note, nice to see the return of some lively VW discussions around here...must be Spring Fever!!

Sean