RE: it was a very good lunch (sing like Frank Sinatra)

>From: Chuck Simpson <Csimpson@zeltech.com>
>Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:59:26 -0400
>
>Is something seriously wrong with your VR6?  324 miles in one take
>is something like 23 mpg (using 14 gallons of gas).  Your tank should
>be 14.5 gallons in size.  I would usually average 24 mpg with lots of
>city driving in my car.  You should be getting at least 26 mpg on the
>highway (without a chip).

My commute is 9.2 miles, yet it takes me almost an hour.  My mother (who
mainly uses the car) has a 15 mile commute, and it takes her about an hour
too.  It's not that it's city driving, but more the fact that there's
rediculous congestion in the NYC area where we live.  If we make 200 miles
out of a tank ... that was a good tank.  Strictly highway driving (between
70 and 110 from NJ to ME), I've gotten 310 miles out of a tank, with about a
gallon left to go.

Bill
'98 GLX to be traded last week of May for '01 325Ci