Re: OT: Copy of Photoshop/Pagemaker?

At 7:24 PM -0400 9/27/2000, MattOVR6@aol.com wrote:
>Does anyone have a copy of the Latest Adobe Photoshop and Pagemaker they
>could send me?  I can provide a CD-R if necessary, or send you the money for
>the Disk and shipping.
>
>Thanks!
>Matt
>www.o-bars.com

Go to http://store.adobe.com. It's $609 for Photoshop, and $499 for
PageMaker, and no CD-R is necessary. They even send you manuals and a
registration number!

Now on the other hand, if you wanted to *steal* the software, you can
just go to your local computer store, and sneak a copy under your
jacket, and that beats the hassle of piracy, using a CD-R, or sending
money and the disk and shipping costs. Plus, you insure that you're
the only one nailed for the crime, without risking any jail time for
the guy who actually pirates the software for you. (In other words,
only one crime is committed, not two-- do your part to reduce crime!).

If you get caught either way, it's only $1108 worth of software, so
it doesn't constitute a felony, just a misdemeanor. Depending on your
state, you might want to steal some more stuff-- I mean as long as
you're at it, you might as well pick up Adobe GoLive, InDesign, and
Acrobat 4.0 and you're still under $2000, and that only constitutes
petty larceny-- a misdemeanor (not a felony!) in most states.

Pick a store you don't like, because you'll probably be banned for life.

ObGLX content: I would avoid driving your Jetta across state lines to
commit the crime, as that is an interstate crime and can involve the
FBI. Likewise, shipping the CD over state lines is also an interstate
crime, and that too will get the FBI involved. And if you take four
or more people up on the task, that becomes conspiracy to commit, and
they can charge you with a felony. Now, you can probably get that
charge dropped (either on a plea bargain, or if you have a good
lawyer) if you get caught.

Of course, this is all assuming you get caught-- you might not be
caught if you're really discreet about it. One thing you might to do
avoid getting caught is to not send a solicitation to commit a crime
to a public mailing list-- especially one that can be searched and
has an online archive.

For example, your original message can be seen at the URLs below, by,
among other people, Adobe employees, the SPA, the FBI, and your local
police

<http://igloo.igtc.com/archives/jettaglx/2000/Sep/msg00154.html>
<ftp://ftp.igtc.com/pub/pmm/jettaglx/>

-Khan

P.S. If this is your first offense, you may end up with just a couple
weeks in a county jail with a guy named "Bubba", and a modest $10,000
fine.

More ObGLX content: What upgrades would you do on your GLX for $10,000?
--

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax