Shop manual question, plus more - 2000 Jetta GLX

Greetings-
Last week I became the proud owner of a 2000 Jetta GLX. The more I drive it,
the more I like it! What a smooth strong engine!

I am looking for a good manual, as I don't have tremendous faith in dealer
service depts (in general). The closest manual I have found is a Bentley
manual that covers the VR6 up to 1999. Is there a good book out there for
2000 models? I realize that there probably isn't much market for DIY shop
manuals on a new car but I thought I'd check..

Any experince with the Bentley book? I have one for my Volvo 240 and it is
really a great book. Does that hold for the Bentley Jetta book?

How are the shop manuals from VW? How much are they?

The service recommendations call for changing oil at 5k then every 10k
following that.... Do people follow that or do they change more often?

Any readers out there with high mile VR6's? How do they hold up above 100K?
Anything to watch out for (ie common problems)?

Thanks!

Mike
2000 Jetta GLX 430 mi