Re: VW Magic Oil???

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000, Brian McDonald wrote:

> Does anyone have any information on the engine oil used at VW dealerships?
> >From what I understand, it is a synthetic and propritary.  How does it stack
> up to Mobil 1 or the other synths?

I think it's up to the dealership... my favorite dealership uses Castrol
GTX. But another dealership in this area uses Quaker State, I think.

Well, to be fair, the Q.S. using dealer doesn't have their own shop--
apparently some contractor or something does that.. which I don't
understand, -- isn't service the most profitable part of a dealership?

Anywho..

-K