Re: alignment

Two possible answers besides just plain bad job of alignment:
1.  Tire pull - Poor quality new tires may not be matched exactly in their
orientation. Tires like Goodyear Eagle GA for example.  I  have had two brand new
Jetta GLXs which were aligned properly but pulled  in one direction.  In both
cases, switching the right front wheel with the left front wheel changed the pull
to the other direction.  In one case, swapping the front wheels with the rear
wheels fixed the problem.  In the other case, the Goodyear dealer replaced one
front tire with a tire beter matched which fixed the problem.
2.  Rim Imbalance  - I had an 87 Jetta GLI which pulled to one side when new
tires were installed.  Turned out to be due to be rim imbalance problem.  Moved
the front rims to the back and the problem was solved.  It showed up again when
the wheels were again moved to the front when rotation occurred.  After that,
rotated tires only by moving the tires and keeping the rims where they were.
John Kiekhaefer