From: Dave Klem [mailto:dklem@law.miami.edu]
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2000 7:33 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Check Engine

Hello again everyone,

Well, I just ran into another problem with my '96 GLX.  A few weeks ago
(at around 40k miles) the Check Engine light came on.  Since I was going
to take the car in for some unrelated maintenance, I just had the shop
look at it.  They hooked it up to their diagnostic machine, and it said
nothing was really wrong, it was just that the speed sensor (?? or
something like that) was tripped.  So they just reset the computer, and it
went off.   The car has been driving fine.

Now, it's been a few weeks and the car is just under 41k miles.  The check
engine light came on again.  It might be the same thing again, but I'm
just a little worried that maybe something is wrong.  Nothing much has
been done to the car (no mods, etc.).  Just basic maintenance.

If anyone has any ideas why this may be happening, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave