Bodyside moldings

Hello everyone,

This weekend while washing and waxing the car I noticed
that the bodyside molding on my driver's door was starting
to come off again.  This has been a pain in the neck because
the dealer has replaced these more than several times and I
had used 3M tape the last time doing the job myself.  Well
apparently it still does not hold very well.  This application
lasted the longest so far (about 1 year).  I'm now looking for
some other alternatives so does anybody out there know where
I can get the european version of the molding to mechanically
secure these moldings in lieu of VW's cheapo no good adhesive
method?  If this doesn't turn up something I'm writing my cousin
in Germany to see if I can get the parts directly from europe.
I have a 95 Jetta which has openings in the door for a mechanically
fastener of some sorts so I'm sure it's out there somewhere in VW land.
Has anybody had this problem or found a good alternative???

Bob