Re: help!

In a message dated 10/7/00 9:04:52 AM Central Daylight Time, gsunoo@leap.org
writes:

<< Before I ask for your advice, here's a little background info.  I was the
 proud driver of a 97' glx until about 3 weeks ago when some a**hole
 swerved into me on the freeway, causing me to spin out, and drive my baby
 into a wall :(.  needless to say, it was totalled :(.  Anyway, I got my
 insurance money, and am now in the market for a new car.
 In addition to another glx, I'm also looking at a 96 a4 2.8.  This is
 where i need your help.  These cars are EXTREMELY hard to come by in
 southern cali, and the one that I did locate is kinda sketchy.  It's got
 58,000 miles, and is starting at $13K!!  This is about $5k under dealer
 blue book.  My first concern is the price.  It seems wayyyyy too low for
 this car, which immediately makes me suspicious.  My second concern is
 that according to the dealer, the entire dashboard of this car has been >>

Etc.

RUN, don't walk, away from this car.

Last thing you need is a car with a questionable history, and one that's out
of warranty on top of that.

Audis of all stripes (particularly quattros) are *very* spendy to maintain
out of warranty.

I'd give this one a wide berth.

My 2 pence.

David Steele