Re: oil change woes (THEY'RE BACK!!!)

Thanks Kevin.

I am using 10W30. I, like you (I think) live in WA state, so pretty cold and
wet. I have heard of people complaining about synthetics in VR6s, but I have
now changed the oil using Mobil 1 Synth in my previous10 oil changes with no
problems. I have done three changes since living here in WA, and now two bad
experiences. Considering the timing of the light coming on (am, or when the
engine is cold), I'd consider that it's possible the oil is not bonding well
enough, or just that the pump is not getting the oil where it needs to go
fast enough. Anyone know what's up with the GTI-VR6 site? I'd like to look
at the oil FAQ.
-DJ

One more thing: What weight oil are you using? And what type of climate do
you live in? Consider switching to a lighter weight oil.

Kevin Ng
97 Jetta GLX Windsor Blue