A chip is a chip is a chip...

Can someone educate me on the difference between chip companies?  I have been
running an "Auto Tech Sport Tuning" chip in my 97 VR6 for about 2 years now
and it has been great. However, last week my check engine light came on so I
pulled the chip out of the Jetta and took it to the Stealership.  After
getting the car back I was going to put the chip back in and realized that I
lost the chip.  So, I need to buy a new chip.  The issue is...  I don’t
know if I should buy the same chip, which has been great for the 2 years that
I have used it, or should I try a chip from a different company.  Is there
really a difference or are all the chips basically the same?

Those of you that are running chips.  Are you happy with the chip you are
running and have you tried other chips before?  Any feedback would be greatly
appriciated.

On a side note... I beat up on some Mustangs GTs at an SCCA road course event
out here in Arizona a couple weeks ago.  You got to love the VR6!!

Thanks ahead of time,
Justin
wpaddles@aol.com