door rattle

Ok a little irritating this one is...
I have a rattle in my door, around the armrest dilly, about where your elbow
is if you were to use the armrest dilly.. It doesn't rattle if the window is
down, but I live in Washington so window down days are a rare happening.. I
took it to Cambel Nelson Volkswagen and they said they couldn't find a
rattle and charged me 130 dollars just because they took the door off. It is
hella annoying and I just need some suggestions...

Dallan Rees
98 GLX White