Fuel Gauge Problem

Greetings GLX'ers:

Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I did a quick scan of the archives but haven't found anything
yet...

I have a '99 GLS 4banger with all the goodies (except a v6 :(

My wife recently ran the fuel tank down to the point where
the idiot light came on for low fuel.  She promptly filled the tank, but
now the fuel gauge stays at full.

Is this common?

We have about 26k miles on it, and we have an extended warranty,
if there is a problem I hope the ext warranty will cover it.

TIA

Travis Sawyer

---
If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space

Newbridge Networks, Inc.
5 Corporate Drive
Andover, MA 01810
(978)691-6335
PGP Fingerprint 418B BB2B BBDA C025 59D1  3677 CB4C 0319 7F80 4453