Re: Dear god no!

At 4:48 PM -0800 03/29/2000, Chuck Van Pelt wrote:
>Don't know what's scarier...that car of the price.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290836918

What scarred me was the atrosious speling. Althogh the sterio sounded
kinda cool.

All joking aside, I thought I'd seen pictures of this particular
Jetta before. I would never buy it myself, but the paint job is
fairly interesting.

I can't help but think that you could go out and buy a 1998 Jetta GLX
for $19,000 used. Get some Bilstein/Neuspeed shocks struts for $1000,
installed. Spend another $1000 for a kick ass stereo system. $1000
for tires and wheels, assuming you don't like the stocks. Spend
another $1000 to personalize it (motor mounts, chips, brakes, K&N
filter, etc.) and you're only at $23,000.

So all you're really spending the difference on is the custom paint
job and custom interior. That's probably why there are no bids on it.
I could see if they wanted to sell the car for $24,000 if they wanted
to argue that the "unique-one-of-a-kind" features make it so unique
that it's worth the difference.

On the other hand, this is a two year old car which, other than its
paint job is not all that different from any other Jetta III GLX. I'd
pay $19000 tops for that car, and then I'd probably get it repainted.
You can't improve the paint job of the Silver Arrow. ;)

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax