From: owner-jettaglx@igtc.com [mailto:owner-jettaglx@igtc.com]On Behalf
Of mpcripps
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2000 8:31 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: First Blood...

Sorry to rant, but I need to vent:

Came home tonight and while pulling into the garage, the @#$% door came
down on the roof!
Sounded like I had been hit by another car. Of course, once the damage
was done, the opener
reversed and retracted the door off my wounded mount. Aaaarrrrgghhhh!!!

The antenna was snapped clean off, the roof has a dimple, and the cell
antenna
(on the rear windshield) is history. I filled the remnant of the antenna
with rtv to keep
it from leaking for now. Now I face a day of acquiring the antenna,
(can't wait to see how much VW wants for it) pulling the interior apart
and installing the replacement. Hopefully I can smooth the dimple from
the inside of the roof. Grr! The door remote is going to be a .38 target
tomorrow. That or maybe the sledge. Neither is harsh enough. All while my
Bilsteins sit in their boxes waiting to be installed. Delayed another
week!!

I could scream! I would prefer to have had the damn door hit me. People
heal, cars don't.
A few stitches would leave a smaller mark on me than on my baby. D*mn!! I
go through all kinds of machinations to protect her from the idiots and
harsh elements and now this! SH*T!

Has anyone else had to do this? How much of a PITA is it to replace the
antenna?

Mike

'99 Jetta WE - wounded edition