From: Belt, Stephen D [mailto:stephen.d.belt@intel.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 9:32 AM
To: 'jettaglx@igtc.com'
Subject: RE: i'm kinda shopping 4 a car.

Stuart sez>
> perfect for short or tall people, just move the seat around

For the taller people, explain what you mean by the seats are perfect.  I'm
a modest 5'10" and with the seat planted as low as possible and adjusted
somewhat upright (which I find necessary, considering the complete lack of
lumbar support) my head comes extremely close to touching the headliner.  I
don't understand how a person any taller than myself would feel comfortable
in this car.  What I really don't understand is how it can be a German car.

Every German person I know (since I work with SAP's R/3 and APO products I
know a few Germans) is at least 6'3", so I don't know how this car possibly
sells there.

The reason I bring this up, is that if I ever wanted to race this car, I'd
want to have room to wear a helmet, and I can't figure out how I can stick
with the stock seats and still be able to wear a helmet.

I would agree that for a shorter person, the Jetta's height adjusting seats
are a great feature.

Steve Belt -- Scotts, AZ
1998 VW Jetta GLX