RE: GLX For Sale:

Khan sez>
> I suggest going out and refinancing your car. You can reduce your
> debt/income ratio by reducing your monthly payment on your car.

Actually this is good advice for almost everyone.  Both of my credit
unions are currently offering .25 pt interest rate reductions for
each year less the loan extends.  They also offer 100% financing at
"new" car rates for 98-00 models.  I will be able to refinance my 4 yr
note @ 7.75% into a 3 yr note @ 7.25%.  The net is about a $30 savings,
and there is no cost to me (unlike a home refinance which may often
includes fees that limit the benefits when the rate changes by only a
small amount).

This type of interest rate shopping is probably common for many people
with credit cards, but less common with auto loans, primarily, because
it really wasn't possible until recently.  With the advent of new car
rates on slightly used vehicles its now possible to refinance after
each of the first two years of a new car loan, and therefore save money,
even if interest rates haven't fallen.  If interest rates also fall,
you get a double savings (which is my case).  Needless to say, I will
be refinancing in the next 30 days.

Steve Belt - Scotts, AZ
98 VW Jetta GLX