Re: The VW Jetta GLX Mailing List Digest V4 #59

    Get the tool.  Trust me on this.  It's a difficult enough job WITH the tool, i can't imagine doing it WITHOUT the tool.  If the piston is the least little bit tight, you will not be able to use anything else other than
the tool.  Especially if you don't plan on removing the caliper altogether, and putting it in a vice. And yes, this is the voice of experience speaking.

Sundie...

Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 09:46:25 -0500
From: David Kim <glxvr6@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [VW-VR6] REAR BRAKE ??'s

- --------------AE5F6F804598CF1B10B77AB7

Chris,

I believe that you will have to get the tool one way or the other.  Take
a stroll down to your local auto parts store be it Pep Boys, AutoZone,
or whatever, they should have the tool necessary to twist the piston
back into the caliper *FREE RENTAL*.  The tool will look similar to a
socket but with two raised points at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock
position, just insert the tool onto a ratchet and you should be on your
way to finishing up the rear brakes.

Hope this helps,

David Kim
1997 Vento GLX