Re: weird thing happened

At 11:29 AM -0700 3/1/2000, Chadwick, John/COR/INV wrote:
>Ok, I'm on my way to work driving normal. I look down at my oil temp. and it
>was turned off. The mileage wasn't showing either. I looked over and my air
>bag and ABS light were both lit up. I used my turn signal and I could barely
>see it. My radio was going in and out as well. Engine was running fine
>though. I stepped on the gas pretty hard to pass someone and everything came
>back to normal. No check engine light or anything. And the oil temp came
>back on just like I had it before it freaked out on me. Any thoughts on this
>one guys?

Several points:

When you notice electrical problems, to me that's the first sign of
an alternator ready to go.

Next, I noticed that the oil temperature (on the MFA computer) does
not display for a while, like two minutes until you've begun driving,
but it doesn't sound like that was the scenario.

(I think the guage next to the speedometer is engine temp, not oil
temp-- so I hope you weren't talking about that-- but I could be
wrong).

Anyhow, I would guess it's more to do with your alternator?

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax