Re: B pillar rattle help

In a message dated 6/26/00 2:30:31 PM Central Daylight Time, CONIPC@aol.com
writes:

<< got an intermittent rattle in the right B pillar---any suggestions?
Sounds like a cross between a tick and a creak... >>

I had the same damn noise in mine. I was told that the pin-switch for the
door had broken, and the pieces were rattling around in there. Well, after
having it fixed (...) it still rattles. So, I'm going to take the trim off
one day and find out exactly what gives. I was thinking that maybe the
pendulum in the seatbelt locking mechanism was the culprit, but I gave the
belt a quick tug to lock it down, and the noise still noised. So, now I'm
thinking that maybe there's a loose wiring harness or something in there.
It's not constant, but enough to piss me off on a long drive. You'll probably
fix yours first, so let us know what you found.

David Steele
1998 JettaGLX TRed
1988 JettaGL White
1987 Jetta Marine Blue