From: Rob Meikle [mailto:rtmeikle@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2000 10:18 AM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Stinky air vents: Pollen Filter?

Listers:

Ever since I bought my '97 GLX I've had a bad smell
from my vents when I first turn on the a/c.  The
dealer supposedly sprayed something into the
compressor that would eliminate the smell last summer,
but it didn't work at all.

The other day I was thumbing through my owner's manual
and I noticed a section on the pollen filter.  The
instructions on how to change it made no sense, so I
was wondering if our cars have pollen filters?  I
think if they do, maybe changing the filter would help
with the musty smell I'm getting through my vents.

Any input? Ideas?

TIA,

ROB
'97 GLX