Re: Euro VR6 Spolier

In a message dated 6/21/00 10:18:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
smb355@optonline.net writes:

<< Oh, I forgot to mention, I got my Euro VR6 front spoiler from Potterman
 today. I was not expecting it to come in 2 pieces! I guess I just expected
 a long box, boy was I suprised! Anyway, when I ordered it they mentioned it
 did not stay on real well. Has anyone put one on and found that it did or
 didn't stay on and if so, found a way to get it to stay on better? >>

You *do* know that you have to trim the bumper cover, right?

Trim back about 1/4 inch, all the way around the very bottom lip on the
bumper cover. The euro spoiler locking tabs aren't as long as the US version,
and that's why the spoiler doesn't fit right. After you trim it back, the
tabs will snap right in, and it'll be fine.

David Steele
1998 JettaGLX TRed
1988 JettaGL White
1987 Jetta Marine Blue