Re: Relocating stereo in A2

Hey Adam,

I have an A2 GTI, but I have not moved my stereo to the ashtray location
yet.  I have seen MANY interior pictures of A2 GTI/Jetta's with the stereo
re-located in the ashtray section, and then 3 VDO Guages that fill the space

of the old stereo location.

I'm just saying that it can be done... and I've seen it many times.  I'm
sure the
work isn't too difficult, since the area behind the ashtray is easily
accessible
from behind the stereo.  You might need to splice some wires together to
extend
the length down to the ashtray.

-Chuck Simpson...

'98 Jetta GLX (sold)